New Connecticut Highway Use Fee, effective January 1, 2023
As of January 1, 2023, a Highway Use Fee will be imposed on certain carriers for the privilege of operating certain heavy, multi-unit motor vehicles on any highway (i.e., public road) in Connecticut.
The Highway Use Fee is applicable to calendar months beginning January 1, 2023. The first MONTHLY Highway Use Fee Return is due on or before February 28, 2023.
Who Must Complete a Registration Application and File a Highway Use Fee Return
Any vehicle that operates on any highway in the state of Connecticut that has a gross weight of twenty-six thousand pounds (26,000 lbs) or more and carries a classification between Class 8 and Class 13, inclusive, under the Federal Highway Administration vehicle classification system must register for a Highway Use Fee Permit.
- State and Date of Incorporation
- FEIN, Name and Address of the Company
- Type of Business (C – Corporation, S – Corporation, LLC – Limited Liability Company)
- If LLC, are you a Single Member LLC or a Disregarded Entity?
- Name, Address and Social Security Number of the Owner/Officer
- Number of Decals that you will need